As someone who’s logged thousands of miles on two wheels while also standing up to insurance companies in court, I know exactly what Florida riders face out there. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Davie, Florida, I’ve been fighting to protect my fellow bikers’ rights and get them the justice they deserve.
In this book, I’m sharing the hard-earned strategies and insights that come from that dual perspective – both the realities of riding and battling in the legal arena on your behalf. Whether it’s tips for avoiding accidents or outmaneuvering insurer tactics after an incident, you’ll get practical guidance to handle anything that comes your way.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting your motorcycle journey, my goal is to make sure you have the confidence and tools to fully enjoy every ride. No matter your experience level, the Florida Motorcycle Accident Bible will allow you to hit the open road without worries hanging over your head.
Learn Tactics and Tricks for Success
As motorcyclists, we all understand the risks we take in riding our bikes. From properly wearing safety gear to practicing defensive riding strategies, minimizing risk is important. However, no matter how skilled the rider is, crashes can still occur due to unsafe drivers or unpredictable conditions.
It is paramount to understand not only how to ride safely but how to prepare yourself both legally and financially in the event of an accident. In this guide, you will learn
- Tactical scanning
- Important safety checks
- Riding Tips
- How to choose helmets and safety equipment
- Risk management
- Practical advice about how to deal with an accident
- Defensive riding strategies born of years in the saddle
In the event of an accident, you’ll get the information you need to avoid common mistakes that can cost you time and money.
You’ll uncover insurer traps like lowballing, liability denial, and bad faith practices – plus how fighting back gets you justice.
Finally, you’ll have access to an indispensable list of dos and don’ts for accident victims to facilitate recovery and maximize compensation.
Learn Insider Secrets About The Insurance Company That Give You the Upper Hand
After a crash, tricky insurance companies will try to avoid paying fair compensation through misleading claims adjusters, meaningless lawyer ads, and accusations of frivolous lawsuits. Riders must know their rights as injury victims and avoid the deadly sins that can ruin a case.
Our guide takes a look at some additional examples of tricks and tactics that insurance companies may try to use against injured motorcyclists:
- Blaming the rider as the cause of the motorcycle accident
- Limiting medical treatment
- Downplaying injuries and recovery time needed
- Refusing to pay lost wage claims
- Low settlement offers that don’t cover your losses
- Stalling on payments and paperwork
- Misrepresenting policy limits
- Demanding recorded statements early on
Mistakes Riders Make When Seeking Compensation
It’s wise to avoid common mistakes after a bike crash that could undermine your ability to get fair compensation for injuries or expenses incurred. Learning from others’ experiences, here are some of the most frequent pitfalls I’ve seen people encounter when navigating the claims process after an accident:
- Not getting legal representation: Insurance companies have lawyers working for them, and motorcyclists need experienced counsel on their side, too.
- Speaking to the insurance company without a lawyer present: Anything said can be used against you later. All communication should go through the attorney.
- Not fully documenting injuries, costs, and lost wages: Riders need thorough records for their claim and potential lawsuits.
- Giving recorded statements too early: Injuries and treatment may still be ongoing, making full impact hard to convey.
- Accepting low initial settlement offers: Emotions after an accident can lead to undersettling.
- Failing to validate liability and policy limits: Riders need to confirm the other party was at fault and coverage amounts.
- Delaying or missing medical treatment: Completing recommended care is critical to demonstrating full damages.
- Not preserving evidence: Photos of injuries, damaged gear, and the crash scene can support the liability and damage aspects of the claim.
This guide can help you understand these common pitfalls and can help riders advocate for themselves and avoid missteps that jeopardize fair compensation down the road. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer serves as a valuable guide through the claims process as well.
Download the Florida Motorcycle Accident Bible Free Today
For those unable to achieve justice on their own, retaining an experienced personal injury attorney is key. With a deep well of case knowledge, Winston Law Firm has helped countless riders navigate the complex legal process and obtain the support they need.
This book offers guidance on communication, client confidentiality, liability, evidence gathering, and more. It provides insights into our successful cases and the core wisdom gained from representing the motorcycle community.
Ultimately, its goal is to ensure riders facing hardship after a crash are fully equipped to advocate for themselves throughout recovery and achieve maximum, rightful compensation for injuries sustained. If you need help after a crash, contact us today for a free consultation.