Whether a car accident is minor or significant, it can have far-reaching consequences for your well-being, relationships, and ability to earn a living. If you’ve been hurt in a car crash, your first concern should be getting well again.
Even if you don’t think you’re injured, you should see a doctor immediately so they can diagnose your condition, treat you, and document the incident in your medical records.
In the meantime, you can protect your right to monetary recovery for your injuries by taking action once you’ve stabilized. A Davie car accident lawyer with Winston Law Firm can help you manage the claims process and maximize your financial recovery.
What to Do Immediately After a Car Accident in Davie
Putting your health first is important if you’ve been hurt in a vehicle crash in Davie. Even if you don’t feel injured, you should get medical help immediately to identify hidden injuries, get treatment, and have your issues documented in your medical records.
Once you’re feeling better, take these measures to safeguard your ability to collect damages for your injuries:
- Collect information at the scene of the collision, including photographs, the other driver’s contact and insurance information, and any statements made by witnesses.
- While your claim is being processed, refrain from making social media posts.
- Continue with the prescribed course of treatment as directed by your doctor.
- Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments.
- Document your financial losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses and bills, car repair estimates, and pay stubs.
You should be careful about what you say after an accident to the other driver and the insurance company. To best protect your rights after a car crash, it is recommended that you consult with a car accident attorney in Davie immediately.
What a Car Accident Claim Is Worth in Davie, Florida
The purpose of a personal injury claim is to give the person who was harmed enough money to cover the losses caused by the accident. However, many car accidents result in injuries that have lifelong consequences.
For example, if someone survives a serious accident, they may have traumatic injuries like spine injuries, brain injuries, or an amputation, which will have a big impact on their quality of life. It is only reasonable that they are held accountable if another person is at fault for such damages.
With help from an auto accident lawyer in Davie, you can seek the following types of damages:
- Expenses related to past, present, and/or upcoming medical care, surgery, mobility aids, or therapy
- Lost wages, either current or in the future, and lost earning capacity
- Physical discomfort, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damages and replacement
Use Caution When Speaking to Insurance Adjusters
The insurance agent isn’t someone you should consider a friend. They will try to settle your claim for the smallest sum of money.
In many cases, insurance adjusters may attempt to trick you into admitting to potentially harmful information about the accident that could be used against you in a claim.
Going forward, your best course of action is to get in touch with a Davie car accident lawyer and let us handle the negotiations on your behalf. We are accustomed to dealing with aggressive insurance company employees and will fight to get you the best payout possible.
Do I Need an Attorney to Make a Claim for an Injury Caused By a Car Accident?
No. You are technically allowed to file individually. Going at it alone is generally not in your best interests, though. Without a lawyer’s help, you may not fully grasp the laws that pertain to your circumstance. Insurance companies know this.
If you lack knowledge of the laws that are meant to protect you, the insurance adjuster can count on being able to settle your claim for less than it is worth.
Hiring a Davie car accident attorney ensures the following:
- Your legal rights are going to be protected.
- Your claim will be filed in a timely manner to protect your legal right to claim damages.
- Your claim will not get lost in the shuffle at the insurance company.
- You will be protected from the insurance company pressuring you into taking a lowball settlement offer.
Pay Nothing Until Your Car Accident Claim Is Settled or Won in Court
When potential clients first contact a car accident lawyer, one of the most common concerns they have is how much it will cost for us to represent them in their automobile accident case.
The attorneys at Winston Law Firm charge clients on a contingency fee basis. Our Davie automobile accident attorneys do not collect fees until we win your case in court or negotiate a favorable settlement with the responsible party’s insurer.
This frees you to spend your time and energy recovering from your injuries and will not add any financial burden.
Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in Davie to Learn How to Maximize Your Claim
When you’ve been in a car accident, you need help from a vehicle accident lawyer in Davie who can handle complicated legal issues. Occasionally, more than one party may be at blame, in which case claims must be made against various insurance providers.
You have two years from the accident date to make a claim for a personal injury as defined in Florida Statute 95.11. It’s best to move fast because that time will pass quickly. Make contact with a Davie auto accident attorney with Winston Law Firm. We can assist you at each stage of the procedure.
We can ensure that your rights are upheld and develop a solid insurance claim for your losses. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.