Broward County expands to Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Pompano Beach, Weston, and several other cities throughout Florida. Suppose you have been hurt in any of the places under Broward County’s jurisdiction. In that case, our Broward County bicycle accident lawyers are available online, over the phone, or in person for a free case evaluation to discuss your claim.
Winston Law Firm has Broward County personal injury lawyers who have served in Plantation, Sunrise, Weston, and other locations throughout our Sunshine State for over 30 years. After a bicycle accident, you deserve comprehensive legal support that will hit the ground running with your case to seek justice and full financial protection.
Don’t leave your settlement amount up to insurance companies; learn how to protect yourself after a cycling accident, when to hire an attorney, and how much money your personal injury settlement could be.
Know What to Do Immediately After a Bicycle Accident
There are seven important steps a cyclist should take immediately after a car-bicycle accident in Broward County, FL:
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, get checked out for potential injuries like concussions. Documenting injuries is crucial.
- Call the police. File an official report of the accident and ensure your account is documented. Get a copy of the report.
- Gather the driver’s insurance information. Get the at-fault driver’s name, license plate, and insurance details.
- Photograph the scene. Take photos of vehicle damage, road conditions, and anything relevant to how the crash occurred. This preserves valuable evidence.
- Get witness contact information. Obtain the names and phone numbers of any bystanders who saw the accident happen. Their accounts help determine fault.
- Write down details of the accident. While the event is fresh, jot down everything you recall about how the crash happened and your injuries.
- Avoid admitting fault verbally or in the police accident report. Do not say or write anything that implies you were at fault, as this can hurt legal claims.
- Consult with experienced legal counsel. Contact a skilled Broward County bicycle accident attorney near you to protect your rights and facilitate a solid injury claim.
The actions you take immediately after a bicycle crash can significantly impact your ability to recover damages. Following these steps preserves key evidence and puts you on the best path toward getting compensated for your injuries.
How to Know if You Qualify for a Personal Injury Settlement
Each state has regulations that govern who, how, and when an injury victim can pursue legal action for compensatory damages. In Florida, the key factors to knowing if your bicycle accident qualifies for a personal injury settlement include:
Negligence and Proof of Injury
There must have been negligence on the part of another party to cause bodily harm, illness, disease, or death. Property damage alone does not qualify you for a personal injury lawsuit.
Proof That Another Party is Liable
You must be able to show another identifiable person or entity was liable through carelessness, intentional harm, or negligence. In some instances, it may be multiple parties or even a government agency for things like an unmarked construction zone.
Duty of Care
If this was a car-bicycle accident in which someone failed to yield, showing that the motorists had the duty to care and follow traffic rules to avoid a collision is mandatory.
Breached Duty of Care Led to Injury
You can show that your injuries directly resulted from the at-fault party’s failure to provide reasonable care.
Damages Exceed Florida’s Threshold
The state of Florida required drivers to carry a certain amount to cover minor injuries after a wreck. While there is no restriction on which injuries can be included in a personal injury case, lower-value cases often do not justify the time and legal costs.
Evidence Supports Your Injury Claim
Documentation like police reports, medical records, expert opinions, and witness statements can substantiate both liability and damages resulting from the responsible party’s negligence.
Consulting with an experienced bicycle accident attorney in Broward County, FL, can help determine if your specific accident claim meets these criteria and merits pursuing a settlement or lawsuit. Our attorneys can assess the validity and value of your potential case quickly.
Calculating the Value of Your Bicycle Accident Settlement
Calculating the value of a personal injury settlement is no small feat. While insurance agencies use tools that estimate the worth of your claim in comparison to similar accidents in the area, no two accidents are exactly alike. This stresses the importance of retaining legal help to distinguish the differences in your case and estimate your case’s value accordingly.
Our law firm creates tailored strategies that fit the details and needs of each client’s case, beginning with the following factors:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income, including future income
- Loss of insurance benefits
- Loss of services
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability or scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
Our team will collaborate with experts like accident reconstructionists or vocational specialists to prove the extent of your injuries impacting your life if any of the above apply. While you focus on treatment, we will be hard at work securing proof to obtain you a lucrative settlement.
Identifying When a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Is Necessary
Consulting with our Broward County bicycle accident lawyers is the easy part, but determining if you truly need a lawyer may be the hardest. If any of the following scenarios apply to you, it may be best to hire a personal injury lawyer right away:
- You suffered significant injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, spinal injuries, and other serious harm that warrant legal counsel to pursue injury claims.
- The driver is disputing fault. If the motorist does not accept blame for the crash, a lawyer can investigate liability and fight to prove it.
- The insurer disputes or delays the claim. If the claims process drags on, an attorney can escalate demands and negotiations.
- You lack evidence of fault. Without police reports or strong evidence, a lawyer’s investigative resources help establish liability.
- Permanent impairment resulted. Debilitating injuries that cause ongoing disability require legal guidance on long-term damages.
- The crash involved a commercial vehicle. Trucking companies often aggressively contest blame and damages.
- You do not feel justly compensated. If initial settlement offers seem unreasonable for your losses, consult counsel on your options.
- You lack legal experience. Navigating complex laws and processes is difficult without expertise.
The Best Way to Handle a Bicycle Accident Claim: A Free Call Away
The best way to determine if you need a Broward County bicycle accident lawyer is to schedule a free case evaluation.
The experienced bicycle accident attorneys at Winston Law Firm can guide you on your specific claim’s merits, value, and likelihood of success. Contact us today to schedule a risk-free appointment and take the first step toward justice.